BASIC FUNCTIONUtilize various CAD/CAM and MRP software to initiate manufacturing process and generate
process time for cost estimation. Must be proficient in 2D CAD/CAM, Autocad and have a
working knowledge of Solidworks or other 3D modeling software. Determine process time and
raw material requirements to manufacture products for industries including Architectural,
Automotive, Aerospace and Process Machinery. Support programming department in the
efficient thru put of metal fabrication projects with an error rate <.5%. Program networked CNC
equipment; Lasers, Hydraulic Bending Systems and Machining centers.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES● Responsible for accurate and efficient programming of CNC fabrication work centers.
● Produce accurate prints and shop drawings according to company standards.
● Interface with Sales & Production Department regarding design changes and quality issues.
● Convert customer blueprints into electronic CAD files.
● Ensure proper scanning / logging work order programming sequences completed during each
● Follow procedures and quality instructions as specified by work order programming
instructions and company workmanship standards.
● Determine the computations for flat layout of three dimensional sheet metal parts.
● Maximize raw material yields through part nesting in CAM software.
● Optimize production process by utilizing MRP system to combine set up of similar
● Review customer supplied CAD programs for in-house quality assurance.
● Allocate and mark specified raw material required for manufacturing.
● Resolve blueprint discrepancies with customers.
● Assist in resolving work center set up issues related to fixture programming.
● Assist in developing solutions to improve manufacturing methods for custom sheet metal and
● Review inventory requirements for work orders prior to initiating production process.
● Work according to internal procedures as needed for ISO 9001 compliance.
● Participate in development and completion of company “Employee Evaluation Goals”
QUALIFICATIONSKnowledge: Equivalent to 2 yr Technology Degree
Experience: 2+ years experience in Manufacturing. Background with CNC machining.
Sheet-metal development and/or metal fabrication a plus.
Notes This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to
be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and
to perform any other duties requested by employees supervisor and/or